· How much does it Cost?
· Current rates are posted during registration. Please click the Registration tab for more information
· What does my Registration Fee include?
· Your registration pays for field rentals at Five Star and Turner Fields, nets, flags, referees as well as operating expenses like this webpage and registration fees to the City of the Colony and North Texas State Soccer Association.
· It does not cover the cost of the uniforms or other personal equipment to play
· How do I know if my child will be placed on a Team?
· We strive to place every child on a team, even if that means we asked them to play up in the next age division
· Unfortunately, we don't always have enough children registered to fill a team. When this happens, we will promptly refund the child's registration fee.
· We also rely entirely on volunteers to coach our teams. In the event we are unable to find a volunteer to coach a team, we will try to place the players on other teams, but there is not always enough room. When this happens, we will promptly refund the child's registration fee.
· How long does the season last?
· The Fall season generally starts in August and runs through early to mid-November.
· The Spring season typically starts in late January and runs through early to mid-May.
· To the extent possible, we follow the school calendar with regard to holidays and school breaks.
· When and Where are practices held?
· Practices are usually once or twice a week. This is up to the coach and team to decide, Coaches submit their preferred days and times of the week and these are granted to the extent possible. As we have many teams and limited practice space, not all first choices can be accommodated.
· Practices are held primarily at Turner Fields in The Colony.
· Practices start a few weeks before the first game and continue throughout the season.
· Our current practice schedules are posted on our website. Please click the Schedules tab to view them.
· When and Where are Games played?
· Most games are played on Saturdays, but you can expect to play at least one weeknight game - more if rain outs or other unforeseen circumstances cause games to be rescheduled.
· Weeknight games are generally played on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Home games are played at Five Star Soccer Complex in The Colony. We do schedule games with neighboring leagues, and depending on the age group, this may include Lewisville, Little Elm, Carrollton, and surrounding areas.
· Game schedules are posted on our website. Please click the Schedules tab to view them
· Field information can be found on our website. Please click the Where we Play tab to view field locations.
· What does my Child need?
· Water bottle - Hydration is more important than anything else, especially during the warmer months.
· Soccer cleats. Though tennis shoes are permitted, for the safety of the players, they are discouraged.
o Note: these are NOT the same as football, baseball, or even indoor soccer cleats.
· Shin guards
· Soccer ball, appropriate for the child's age division
o U4 thru U8: Size 3
o U9 thru U12: Size 4
o U13 and Older: Size 5
· Team jersey with a number on the back
· What about Uniforms?
· Uniforms are up to the respective teams; uniform kits are available from many retailers and range in price.
· Team jerseys must be a matching color and each player must have a unique number on the back.
o Jersey numbers should be approximately 6" - 8" in size, and contrast with the color of the jersey (Black OR White are the most common colors)
o Goal Keeper jerseys (this applies to U9 & older) shall be a different color from the rest of the team, the number requirement is the same as above.
· Teams may obtain uniform sponsors to help offset out-of-pocket costs for families.
o Sponsors logos may be attached to the uniform, provided they do NOT contain explicit or adult-oriented content
· Academy or Recreation. What’s the Difference?
· Academy league provides you with an alternative where your child can play in a more competitive atmosphere with players that desire to take their soccer skills to a higher level. Once registered, it is up to you to select the league and team you wish to join. You will then be responsible for their fees, which are not included in the $30 collected by TCYSA.
o Trophies are subject to tournament placement
o Practice & game locations are determined by which league you join
· Recreational league is for recreational play. Our recreational program provides children of all skill levels the opportunity to learn and play the sport of soccer by ensuring 50% play time.
o Trophies are provided for all players U8 and younger
o Practices are held in The Colony
o Approximately 50% of games are held in The Colony
· Have More Questions?
· Please contact the Director in charge of your child's age group.